Health & Human Service
Although we are closed for “in-center” services due to the COVID-19 crisis, we continue to be here for our community, members and caregivers.
The goal of Santa Maria Wisdom Center Adult Day Center has always been and continues to be, ensuring that our members remain living in their home and in the community. Our services, whether virtual or in person, focus on supporting our members and their caregivers to make that possible. During this time of sheltering in place, and the risks associated with being hospitalized or admitted to a nursing home this goal is even more crucial, and we take it seriously.
Our virtual services include:
· Nutritious home cooked meals, delivered to your door, most special diets accommodated
· Professional health care support provided by our nursing staff, focused on the challenges of caring for chronic conditions while staying safe at home
· Social Services, focused on supporting positive mental health, problem solving, helping to find community resources and emotional support, for our caregivers and members
· Weekly activities packet for our members that include activities to engage the mind the body and maintain engagement as well as caregiving tips and strategies.
· Friendly “visitor” calling program as desired to help reduce feelings of isolation and loneliness
· Mental health support as needed
· Staff availability to provide support and services as needed 6:30 am to 5:00 pm
- In-center and home delivered meals
- Social Work/Caregiver support
- Activities, socialization, protected supervision
- Transportation to and from home